Provides technical system support and capabilities to the field operations team during installation, maintenance, modification and repair of telecommunications equipment, products and/or systems. Incumbents can be expected to apply troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques to determine appropriate restoration or repair actions.
· Establishes voice and data networks by programming features; establishing interfaces and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools.
· Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; conferring with engineers.
· Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
· Maintains network by remotely troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
· Trouble shoot and install using various software (ORION, BTI, Metaswitch, RADIUS, RT, AOE, SDP, Putty, etc).
· Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns, answering questions.
· Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables and recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
· Manage work orders and trouble tickets.
· Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
· Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
· Take action that builds trust with customers and internal colleagues.
· Demonstrative ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate effectively.
· Knowledge of telecommunications wiring standards, installation practices, switching and common control systems.
· Skill in the use of personal computers and software.
· Skill in the use and operation of test equipment and diagnostic software.
· Skill in both verbal and written communication.
· Ability to read and understand technical manuals, schematic diagrams, and related documentation. Associate degree in a related technical discipline, equivalent combination of education and technical training or work experience. One to three years of related telecommunications experience. Prior experience with VOIP desired. Prior experience with SIP
Trunking implementations desired.