CTS is seeking experienced Systems Engineers to join our team!
Are you a collaborative people person that loves working with backup, virtualization, cloud, and networking technologies? Do you love helping others solve technical business problems? If so, we are looking for you.
Systems Engineers are responsible for design, implementation, and support of secure customer-centric technical solutions based on the requirements and best interests of our customers and organization.
- Design, implement and administer backup, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Design, implement and administer virtual and cloud hosted solutions.
- Design, implement and administer Active Directory, Office 365 and Azure AD solutions.
- Provide consulting to customers on virtualization, cloud, replication, and backup solutions.
- Manage customer implementation projects.
- Provide pre-sales engineering expertise.
- Keep customers informed of solution or issue resolution progress, impending changes, approved outages, etc.
- Work with IT Services team to identify new and innovative services for customers.
- Increase knowledge and skills through training, certifications, and continuous learning.
- Participate in company continuous improvement program.
- Enter time and notes as work occurs, and expenses in a timely manner.
- Implement, administer, and support server and storage area network technologies.
- Implement, administer, and support RADIUS and multi-factor authentication solutions.
- Design, implement, and administer secure network, edge, and SD-WAN virtualized solutions utilizing current technologies.
- Assist with customer network support and administration.
- Design, implement, and support customer server and network power infrastructures.
- Manage and support customer Public IP Addresses, DNS records and SSL certificates.
- Implement and support internal Linux systems.
- Internal systems implementation, administration, and support.
Talents and Abilities:
- Take actions that build trust with customers and internal colleagues.
- Demonstrative ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Work with customer to understand and analyze requirements and needs, and design effective solutions collaboratively with customer and internal team.
- Prioritize work and organize self to complete tasks and projects in timely and effective manner.
- Mentor and train internal staff.
- Identify, understand, and communicate root cause and resolution options.
- Maintain specific knowledge of customers and how technology services relate to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise of service offerings.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable expertise with designing, implementing, supporting, and managing backup, replication, and disaster recovery solutions, virtual hosting solutions, and virtual networking solutions, based on VMware (vSphere, vCloud Director, NSX, SRM), Microsoft Server and Cloud, and Veeam products. Knowledge Cisco HyperFlex and networking is a plus.
- Demonstrable expertise in IP networking, including expertise in routing, VLANs, VXLANs, IPv4, and knowledge of IPv6.
- Demonstrable expertise in designing, implementing, supporting, and managing secure and compliant (such as PCI, HIPAA, etc.) solutions, and analyzing, and remediating solution risks, vulnerabilities, etc.
- Advanced computer and operating system knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills: such as communication, active listening, and customer-care.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of tools, techniques, and technology used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate written communication.
- Preferred: BA/BS, preferably in computer science, business administration or a related field.
- Required: Training and certifications in relevant virtualization and backup knowledge domains with preference given to VMware, Veeam, Cisco and Microsoft higher level certifications.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health benefits.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity to be creative and for advancement.
- Galesburg, MI – Between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek.
- Regional travel a few times each week.
- Designing, implementing, and supporting technical solutions: 3+ years required.
- Technical services industry experience: 5+ years preferred.
- IT related customer service experience: 5+ years preferred.
- Not authorized for this position.
- Current Driver’s License required.