Policies, Disclosures and Terms
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes no information regarding the domain or e-mail address. We collect the e-mail address of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, user specific information on what pages consumers access or visit and information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded, used to improve the content of our Web page, used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for individual consumer and used by us to contact consumers for marketing purposes.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending an e-mail, calling or writing, and telling us that you do not want to receive e-mail from our company.
You understand and agree that the owners of this site shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, data or other intangible losses (even if the owners of this site have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the product(s) and or service(s) or any misuse of the product(s) and or service(s) in a manner not in accordance with their intended use.
What is Lifeline?
Customer Proprietary Network Information – Special Notice
Under Federal Law, you have the right to and we have the duty to protect the confidentiality of your telecommunications service information. This information includes the service type, technical arrangement, quantity, destination, and amount of use of telecommunications services and related billing for these services. It also includes Call Detail information.
We may use this information, without further authorization by you, to offer you, (i) services of the type you already purchase from us and (ii) the full range of products and services available from Climax Telephone Company and its affiliates that my be different from the type of services you currently buy from us. In addition to local telephone services, Climax Telephone Company services include long distance, and Internet services. A more complete description of our offerings is available at www.ctstelecom.com. Use of your information as described in this notice will permit us to offer you a package of services tailored to your specific needs.
No action by you is necessary to permit us to use your information as described in this notice. If you wish to restrict CTS Telecom Inc. use of your information to offer services different from the type of services you currently buy from us, please register you request by calling us at 269.746.4411 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of receipt of this notice. You may change your decision at any time and your decision will remain valid until you tell us otherwise. Whatever you decide will not affect our provision of service to you. A Password and Authentication of the account will be required should you request Call Detail information. If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 269.746.4411.
Network Management Practices Policy Disclosure
Pursuant to the Federal Communications Commission’s newly enacted Open Internet Rules found in Part 8 of Title 47 of the Code of Federal Regulations, CTS Telecom, Inc. (CTS) policies regarding network management practices, performance characteristics, and commercial terms are provided in entirety so that CTS’s current customers, prospective customers, third-party content providers and other interested parties can make informed choices regarding the broadband Internet transport services offered by CTS, and the extent CTS’s network management practices may affect those services.
Network Management Practices
CTS employs reasonable network management practices tailored to achieve legitimate network management purposes. By engaging in reasonable and responsible network management, CTS prevents its customers from being subjected to the negative effects of spam, viruses, security attacks and other risks that threaten to degrade service. The network management practices employed by CTS are consistent with industry standards.
During routine meetings, CTS engineers review all proposed changes to the network infrastructure to ensure that network availability will not be compromised and to confirm that networking standards and best practices are followed. Emergency network change requests and network maintenance proposals undergo a strict network design review to ensure the integrity of the network and to preserve the neutral network environment.
CTS does not employ any congestion management tools and/or software on network traffic. CTS maintains sufficient bandwidth to service its directly peered customers.
CTS employs a standard best effort Internet delivery policy to ensure that any organization, institution or entity connected, directly or indirectly, to CTS’s backbone network may exercise choice in lawful Internet content, web-based application and use of CTS or competitor service, including any device which is not harmful to the network.
For organizations utilizing CTS hosted mail service, CTS may employ filtering for SPAM and viruses on email sent to the subscribing organizations.
Network Openness and Fair Use
CTS actively engages and encourages open settlement-free peering with providers and operators. CTS’s network management policies prohibit the discrimination of legitimate or legal use of network capacity bandwidth by application, source or use of the network. CTS Network does not limit or impose any limitations on users at subscribing organizations to lawfully possess, use, or distribute Internet content.
All of the preceding is subject to the needs of law enforcement. CTS does not favor any lawful Internet applications or content over others, and is committed to enabling competition among network providers, application and service providers, and content providers.
Click for a downloadable pdf.
Internet Service Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions shall apply to all users of CTS Internet / DSL. For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions, you will be referred to as the “Customer”.
1) BILLING: Customer agrees to pay all charges to the Customer’s account, including applicable taxes, in accordance with billing terms in effect at the time the fee or charge becomes payable. The recurring monthly fee is due in accordance to the date of the Customer’s monthly statement. The monthly fees area non-refundable. The initial payment may include non-recurring installation charges including, but not limited to equipment, inside wiring and other installation fees. Delinquent accounts are subject to immediate termination or suspension of Services at the sole discretion of CTS. If the customer discontinues Service or is disconnected, the customer agrees to pay a reconnect charge before reconnection.
2) INTENDED USE OF THE SERVICE:Customer agrees not to use the Service in a manner prohibited by any federal or state law or regulation. Customer further agrees to adhere to CTS Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Transmission of any material in violation of federal or state law or regulation, including, but not limited to any copyrighted material, material protected by a trade secret or material or messages that are unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable in any manner or nature or that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation, is prohibited.
3) INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) ADDRESS: IP addresses are not portable and are not assigned for independent administration or distribution. Customer understands the IP assignments are not guaranteed, and may be modified as required by CTS and/or the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN). Customer cannot alter, modify or tamper with the IP connection of those or any customer on the system.
4) RESTRICTIONS: Customer agrees to limit their use of the services to a single residence or business.
5) INSIDE WIRING AND COMPUTER HARDWARE / SOFTWARE INSTALLATION: Customer Acknowledges that the inability of Customer or third party’s facilities to access the Services or other operational impediments may preclude or delay delivery of Services. Customer acknowledges that the installation representative may require inside wiring to complete Services delivery at an additional hourly or other charge. Customer further acknowledges this charge will occur at the sole discretion of the installation representative. Customer acknowledges that CTS may need to install hardware and/or software on the customer computer. The customer agrees that CTS is not liable for any computer problems.
6) DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY CTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. CTS MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THE RELIABILITY OR SUITABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ITS SERVICES. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT CTS EXERCISES NO CONTROL OVER THE NATURE, CONTENT OR RELIABILITY OR THE INFORMATION PASSING THROUGH ITS NETWORK. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OF ADVICE GIVEN BY CTS, ITS DEALERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER MAY NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE. CTS MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE QUALITY, ACCURACY OR VALIDITY OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR DATA RESIDING ON OR PASSING THROUGH ANY NETWORK. USE OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH SERVICES PROVIDED BY CTS WILL BE AT CUSTOMERS OWN RISK. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT CTS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR INTERRUPTIONS IN THE SERVICES, WHETHER WITHIN OR OUTSIDE THE CONTROL OF CTS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE CUSTOMER HOLD CTS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FORM OF DAMAGES OR LOSSES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES SUFFERED FROM, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ERRORS, DELAYS, LOSS OF INFORMATION, OR INTERRUPTIONS IN SERVICES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT, MISCONDUCT OR FAILURE TO PERFORM ON THE PART OF THE CUSTOMER, CTS, OR A THIRD PARTY. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT TELECOMMUNICATION AND/OR NETWORK ACCESS SERVICES MAY BE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE FOR SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE AND FOR OTHER REASONS WITHIN AND OUTSIDE OF THE DIRECT CONTROL OF CTS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO ANY SUCH ERRORS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS IN SERVICES OR LOSS OF INFORMATION NULLIFY OR MODIFY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. CTS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR TERMINATE SERVICES TO A CUSTOMER FOR ANY VIOLATION OF A TERM OR CONDITION LISTED HEREIN OR A SUBSEQUENT MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS DETERMINED BY CTS.
7) ENTIRE AGREEMENT: These Terms and Conditions contain the entire agreement and understanding concerning the Services and supersede all prior negotiations, proposed agreements, and all other agreements, whether electronic, written or oral. Without prior notice to Customer, these Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time by CTS. The latest version of the Terms and Conditions may be found at www.ctstelecom.com. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial and administrative hearings based upon or relating to the Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject tot the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
8) ASSIGNMENT AND SUCCESSORS IN INTEREST: All of the Terms and Conditions shall be binding upon, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by the respective successors and permitted assigns of Customer.
9) VENUE / CHOICE OF LAW: These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan and The United States of America. Any claims or causes of action related to the Internet service must be instituted within one year after the claim or cause of action has arisen or will be barred.
10) SEVERABILITY: In the event that it is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction as a part of a final non-appealable judgment that any provision of these Terms and Conditions (or part thereof) is invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such provision will be enforced as nearly as possible in accordance with the stated intention of the parties, while the remainder of the Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
11) INDEMNIFICATION: Customer shall indemnify and hold CTS harmless against all claims, losses, damages and liabilities sustained by CTS resulting from, arising our of, or connected with any breach of, or non-fulfillment of any representation, warranty, covenant or agreements made by or obligation of Customer contained in these Terms and Conditions.
12) METRO-E/METRO-G INTERNET SERVICE SPEEDS: CTS Telecom shall use commercially reasonable efforts to achieve the Internet speed selected by Customer, however, actual Internet speeds may vary. Many factors affect speed including, without limitation, customer configuration of firewall, network and endpoint equipment, software running on customer equipment, limitation of throughput of customer network/equipment and the number of workstations using a single connection. Speed test sites vary and are not an accurate measurement tool to determine true throughput of the connection.
Click for a downloadable pdf
Internet Acceptable Use Policy
CTS shall provide unrestricted access to all customers (including private, non-profit, business, and government agencies who gain access to the Internet by DSL or direct connection via dedicated circuit) who follow the guidelines of the acceptable use policy.
Acceptable Use Policy
It is not acceptable to use the CTS network for any purpose that violates local, state or federal laws or to transmit communication that might be highly offensive or damaging to any recipients. Nor is it acceptable to interfere with or disrupt network users, equipment, or services, which include but are not limited to:
- Attempting to obtain unauthorized access to any network or account. This includes accessing data not intended for the customer, logging into a server or account without being expressly authorized to access or probing the security of other networks.
- Attempts to interfere with the service of others including users, hosts and networks. This includes “denial of service” attacks, “flooding” of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service and attempts to “crash” any host.
- Reselling any CTS Internet Services
- Harassment through language, message frequency or message size.
- Sending messages to any person not wishing to receive it. Requests by the recipient to stop receiving such messages must be respected.
- Sending unsolicited messages which at the judgment of CTS, is disruptive or generates a significant number of user complaints. This includes bulk-mailing of commercial adverting and/or informational announcements.
- Malicious mail, such as “mail bombing” or “Flooding” a user or host with very large and/or frequent pieces of mail.
- Forging message header information.
- Collecting message replies from messages sent through another Service Provider where those messages violate these terms or the terms of that other provider.
- Introducing harmful code and/or viruses on the Internet.
News / UseNet
- Cross posting, UseNet spam, otherwise posting the same messages to large numbers of unrelated newsgroups.
- Posting of message(s) of which the subject matter is unrelated to the content of the newsgroup posted to or generates a significant number of user complaints.
- Posting of binary or executable files to newsgroups not created for that purpose.
- Forging header information.
- Introducing harmful code and/or viruses on the Internet.
- Illegal downloading of copyrighted media, music, or other copyrighted material.
Personal Web Space
- Selling or distributing products or services that are considered unlawful.
- Posting any content advocating ridicule or public scorn towards CTS, its employees, board members or associates.
- Posting of scandalous, threatening, harassing or private information without consent of the person, persons or organizations involved.
- Posting content of nature that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, violent, harassing or objectionable. Set forth by Title 47, U>S>C> Section 230©(2)(A)
- Introducing harmful code and/or viruses on the Internet.
- Hosting bulletin boards of chat sites using personal web space provided with the Service.
Please report misuse of CTS network to email@example.com
Enforcement & Violation
All usage is under the discretion of CTS. CTS management will review all alleged violations of the policy on a case by case basis. Clear violations of policy which are not promptly remedied by the relevant customer may result in disciplinary action, including, but not limited to immediate termination of service and forfeit of all fees paid to date.
Modifications to Policy
CTS reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Click for a downloadable PDF.
For tariff information please visit this website.
For Product Specific Terms and Conditions Click Here: Product Terms and Conditions