Our company is searching for an experienced IT Manager who can lead the team responsible for maintaining and expanding our computer networks. The IT Manager will be responsible for developing network maintenance and growth plans, creating annual and project budgets, managing the IT staff and keeping the executive team up to date on the latest networking technologies to help the company to succeed.
Candidate will also research, develop, and implement new technologies and processes for our IT Services business, and utilize available resources to manage and grow this segment of our business with the support of other management staff. Candidate will act as technical resource for our Sales team and assist with solution design and pricing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in information technology management
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data center management, security related issues, concerns and mitigation techniques and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Experience with Linux or BSD system administration
- Knowledge of VMWare and SAN infrastructures and architectures
- Ability to manage personnel
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the infrastructure.
- Implements network security.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company’s infrastructure, and directs others when necessary.
- Oversees the administration of the company’s WAN.
Training & Lab Maintenance
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of computer stations and software for company training programs and provides additional support if necessary.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Works with project teams to help implement Internal Systems.
Help Desk Administration
- Oversees all help desk activities.
- Responds to escalated help desk issues.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of our tracking software.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
- Facilitates team meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with team.
- Keeps team well informed of changes within the organization.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to executive team.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Relays relevant IT-related information to the company in a timely manner.
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Serves as main point of contact on all IT-related matters.
- Responds/acts on upper-management direction.
- Identifies and provides standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reports information to company management.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each colleague’s career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Manages day-to-day internal client interaction.
- Sets and manages internal client expectations.
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience through formal channels.
- Helps team execute career development plans.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by CTS.
- Trains other colleagues and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces.
- Approves team member’s time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard CTS policies and procedures.
IT Services Business
- Works with Sales and Marketing staff to develop, define, cost and price customer facing products and services.
- Acts as technical resource for Sales tech and assists with creation of customer solutions.
- Utilizes internal resources to implement customer solutions.
Email resumes to: HR@ctstelecom.com