Senior IT Engineer
CTS is seeking senior experienced virtualization and networking engineers to join our team!
Are you a people person that loves technology? Do you understand the value of building trust with others? Do you get excited when helping others to solve their problems? Do you first seek to understand root issues through collaborative teamwork? Do you recognize the importance of great communication and follow-up? If so, we are looking for you.
Senior Engineers are responsible for design and implementation of secure customer-centric technical solutions based on the requirements and best interests of our customers.
- Design and implement secure virtual and physical WAN, LAN, SD-WAN and other networking solutions utilizing current technologies.
- Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using CTS supported technologies.
- Design and implement backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Support relating to issues with internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for hosted and cloud solutions including Veeam, VMware, Cisco, and Microsoft.
- Support services for virtualization technologies, including VMware, Cisco, and Microsoft.
- Remote access solution design, implementation, and support.
- Support and train customer IT staff.
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Communicate with customers, keeping them informed of solution or issue resolution progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Work with department leadership to identify new and innovative services for customers.
- Participate in company continuous improvement.
- Entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Understand how to use the service management system by completing assigned training materials.
- Assist with building and processing quotes for customers through quote generation application.
Talents and Abilities:
- Take actions that build trust with customers and internal colleagues.
- Demonstrative ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate effectively.
- Work with customer to understand and analyze their requirements and needs and design effective solutions collaboratively with customer and internal team.
- Prioritize work and organize self to complete tasks and projects in timely and prioritized order.
- Assist staff with escalated service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Mentor and train internal staff.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how technology services we provide relate to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise of service offerings.
- Document and improve internal processes and procedures related to duties, responsibilities and services we deliver.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the areas of:
- Server, desktop, and network virtualization.
- Network design, implementation and support.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery solution design, implementation, and support.
- Information Security best practices in above areas.
- Ability to understand root issues.
- Advanced computer and operating system knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills: such as communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Preferred: BA/BS, preferably in computer science, business administration or a related field.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health benefits included.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
- Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, MI
- Designing, implementing and support technical solutions: 5+ years required.
- Technical services industry experience: 5+ years preferred.
- IT related customer service experience: 5+ years preferred.
- Not authorized for this position
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Driver’s License
- Cisco Certified Network Associate, VMWare Certified Associate, and Veeam Certified Engineer or higher preferred
Email resumes to: HR@ctstelecom.com