CTS is seeking an employee focused Human Resources Specialist to join our team!
CTS is a CliftonStrengths based organization with a focus on company culture and employee satisfaction. We’re a multi-year winner of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in West Michigan award. We are currently seeking a skilled Human Resources Specialist who is passionate about recruiting, supporting, and developing talent through our company’s policies and management procedures. Our ideal candidate will be responsible, reliable, and willing to regularly contribute to making our company a better place to work.
Candidate should be highly efficient, organized, and approachable. We expect applicants to have a solid knowledge of various HR functions and administrative responsibilities. If you believe you possess the commitment, character, and skills to become part of our innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
Essential Job Functions:
Recruitment/New Hire Process/Employee Retention
- Develop, implement, support, and review all Human Resource Department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Assist leadership in developing goals, objectives, and systems that aid in staff attraction and retention.
- Support strategic planning efforts focused on organizational design and succession planning.
- Lead recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, student and temporary employees; write and place advertisements, screen applicants for cultural fit, attend career fairs, applicant tracking, coordinate with departments to prepare for on-boarding, and conduct new-employee orientations.
- Help facilitate the coaching process, training programs, and career development opportunities for staff.
- Support employee relations efforts and company cultural initiatives including employee survey, intake of any employee concerns, employee recognition programs, and exit interviewing.
- Participate in performance evaluation, disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and legal requirements.
- Prepare new employee files to include all new hire paperwork, background and reference checks, and benefits enrollment documentation.
- Serve as a point person for all new employee questions.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Process payroll, which includes ensuring PTO and benefits are properly tracked in the system.
- Answer payroll questions and facilitate resolution to any payroll errors.
- Participate in benefits related tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment.
- Maintain current HR files and databases.
- Update and maintain employee benefits, employment status, and similar records.
- Maintain records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Perform payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action.
- Complete termination paperwork and assist with exit interviews.
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, General Business, or other related field.
- 3-5 years of successful work experience in the HR field.
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development).
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute).
- Commitment to staying current on understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a professional manner.
- Strong problem-solving, documentation, research and resolution, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Basic accounting principles knowledge.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strength of character, commitment, and reliability.
- Demonstrates a strong ethical conduct and confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office