QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How would you define Ethernet solutions?
For businesses and organizations of all types and sizes, Ethernet services deliver network connectivity over short- and long-distance circuits for termination on either fiber- or copper-based local infrastructures. Depending on the size of your network or the number of destinations to which you need to send data, you can specify a point-to-point connection (i.e., one office to another) or a hub-and-spoke system (i.e., one centralized office connecting many). Hub-and-spoke solutions are also termed point-to-multipoint systems.
Looking at it another way, a business Ethernet solution is a multi-purpose network, that:
- Supports high-bandwidth applications like VoIP, storageand data center consolidation
- Offers high-speed connections to existing applications and accommodates new one with ease of integration
- Employs a universal technology with a familiar look; this makes it easier to connect and operate
- Operates in much the same way as a LAN, MAN or WAN, so it’s relatively fast to deploy
Advantages to business Ethernets include:
- Control: Users determine routingand IP addressing; they also prioritize critical applications in-house
- Efficiency: Operators simplify IT issues with aself-service portal; they also benefit from an on-demand network for quicker response times
- Speed: Clients enjoy WAN speeds with multipleGbps, allowing increased network capacity for heavier traffic
To summarize, Ethernet solutions serve businesses and organizations as a “network-on-demand.” With one, users can:
- Free-up IT resources for other pursuits
- Gain real-time access to your network for faster service deployments
- Reduce logjams and enhance traffic flow as needs grow
- Provision and scale network services with direct access
What is an EPL or Ethernet Private Line? An EPL lets you send data from one location to another faster and more securely via a private network. You retain a unified Ethernet protocol from point-to-point. Delivering secure, high-performance connections between two sites, it serves as a modern alternative to traditional TDM private lines. EPLs also replace older packet technologies like frame relays.
By opting for an EPL as an Ethernet solution for your business or organization, you can:
- Bypass the public internet to transmit data securely over an exclusive connection that’s backed by an SLA
- Optimize performance by prioritizing your most critical workflows and applications
- Enjoy wide scalability, meaning you pay only for what you need, when you need it — at speeds up to 10 Gbps
- Benefit from flexible configurations
- Obtain 24/7 proactive monitoring and performance reporting